Test Automation Engineer
Ref. Num: FST2104 Location: Cambridge, UK
Are you an Test Automation Engineer, looking for a challenging role?
•An exciting opportunity for a talented Test Automation Engineer who can demonstrate solid automation and CI experience with hardware/embedded software in an Agile environment.
• Good honours degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
• Excellent Python programming experience in an embedded environment
• Excellent Jenkins experience in a CI environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment and are a team player
• Experience developing and implementing automated frameworks
• Experience in IP networking technology.
• Experience with Appium or Selenium
• An understanding of wireless devices
• Manual testing experience
You might also have (but not essential):
• Software testing for consumer electronics industry, ideally in digital radio/networking related products
• Experience of wireless communication e.g., Wi-Fi, BlueTooth
• Experience in REST/SOAP Api
• Experience with testing embedded device.
• ISTQB Foundation Certificate
• An understanding of DAB or connected audio technologies.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Define and document the automation test strategy
• Create an automation test frame and test cases
• Improve, implement, and maintain the automation frameworks
• Maintain and improve the CICD Pipeline
• Work closely with SW developers to ensure alignment with the unit test framework and development design principles.
• Create, enhance, debug, and run the test cases
• Identify, prioritise, and select test cases for automation
• Collate and monitor the test automation runs and results
• Analyse the results and generate test reports
• Manage the changes with and execute regression tests
• Share knowledge with the test team and developers
• Carry out manual tests as required for releases and reproduce defects, 20% of the role initially
We require a Test Automation Engineer to join the Systems Test Team based in our Harston office. You will be part of a team testing the Embedded Platform Software for our DAB and Smart Radio Modules, which enable our customers to create Audio devices incorporating DAB and FM broadcast receivers and a range of streaming standards such as Spotify Connect. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the System Test team, working closely with other test and software engineers to deliver high quality software.
A Day in the life
The role will be hands on automation engineer, working in an Agile software team, with focus on delivering value to our customers. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our automation frameworks and CI system. You will also be developing and running automation test suites on both DAB and Smart Radio products.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.