Managing Partner, Medical
Ref. Num: MED2002 Location: Epsom / Cambridge, UK
Who we are
Sagentia’s Medical Division works with global, leading companies and disruptive start-ups in a range of healthcare and medical device fields. We help R&D and business development teams to explore market markets and trends, discover enabling technologies and partners, define and develop new breakthrough products and services. Our approach involves combining our internal expertise in science and technology with leveraging of insights drawn from experts around the world. Ultimately, we are looking to support our clients by guiding their direction towards delivering clinically useful, commercially successful products worldwide. Together with our sister companies under Science Group, we are able to offer advisory, product development and regulatory services allowing Sagentia to become a strategic development partner.
Recent examples of our work have included:
• Definition of a Minimal Viable Product to help kickstart a new In Vitro Diagnostic business opportunity
• Mechanical and Electrical engineering design for an advanced radiotherapy system
• Creation of a technology and product roadmap for a surgical stapling division
• Exploration of the surgical robotic market landscape to guide future investment decisions
• Technology invention to enable a novel surgical device platform
Our parent company, Science Group plc, has a global reach with a multinational workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America. We look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are looking for a commercially experienced individual with working knowledge of the healthcare/medical device product development lifecycle to join Sagentia’s Medical team in our Harston or Epsom office. Reporting into the Managing Director of Sagentia’s R&D consulting division you will play a key role in contributing to the continued growth and success of the business. To be successful in this role you will lead business development and client relationship management activities drawing upon your product development/ healthcare background. You will lead a small team of marketing, front end sales specialists and account managers, defining and executing the division’s strategy, ultimately being responsible for profitable sales and successful project delivery within nominated accounts and sub-sector campaigns. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to visit and work with our clients; it is expected that you will be travelling 25 – 50% of your time (UK, Continental Europe and US).
• Take responsibility for maintaining and growing the business relationship with selected Strategic Accounts; this will include routine visits to clients in order to sustain key relationships and to increase customer penetration
• Centre on new business creation activities, introducing the company’s services, presenting portfolio reviews, leveraging existing and new contacts to identify new project opportunities, discussing and responding to new project briefs.
• Listen to the needs of our client and translate these into appropriate programs of work (in consultation with the Medical division team, skill group managers and consultants). Though not directly involved in all projects, the individual in the role will stay in touch with the consultants running these projects and as and when appropriate participate in key interim and final delivery meetings and post-project reviews.
• Promote services to new business targets in order to win new customer accounts. The role will involve a mix of targeted lead generation and client face-to-face meetings.
• Attend and present at industry/sector meetings, webinars and conferences
• Pitch the business and handle RFPs through to proposal stage. Once the business has been you and your team will then nurture these new accounts, and potentially contribute their technical expertise to the project (see consulting below) to secure and grow future business streams.
• On occasion, this role will include time spent working directly on consulting projects, strengthening our client relationships with strategic and new business accounts.
Experience & qualifications
• An understanding of Medical product development
• Customer-facing experience in either a project management or business development role
• Evidence of success in building a rapport and trust in customers
• Experience in a consulting environment
• Technical degree qualifications to Masters/PhD level is strongly preferred but not essential
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.