Who we are
Science Group provides regulatory, technology advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation supporting our clients under our specialist brands - Sagentia, Leatherhead, TSG Consulting and Oakland Innovation. We are an acquisitive organisation with our most recent acquisition being Frontier Smart Technologies adding expertise in the Digital Radio and IoT space. Our growth strategy has been effected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning North America, Europe and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Science Group is seeking a Texas or Colorado based sales professional to drive new business in the Industrial, Advanced Materials, and Chemical markets served by Science Group companies in the US. The professional will identify and pursue opportunities across these market segments, which may include Agri-Tech, Agrochemicals, Industrial/Speciality Chemicals, Advanced Materials, and Water/Fluid Handling. The professional will build meaningful and new client relationships in the Western half of the US and deliver significant personal sales. The position will be home based with travel to our UK headquarters from time to time. The role will require extensive travel throughout West Coast, Mountain and Southwestern regions to build and expand new client relationships.
• Primarily responsible for acquiring new client relationships and expanding footprint by selling full Science Group offering
• Identify likely prospective clients and establishing initial contact across multiple contact points
• Prospect for sales opportunities within new and existing clients; developing strong relationships with senior executives and key client stakeholders within clients buying process
• Arrange and lead meetings, presenting our capabilities, and identifying clients’ needs
• Work with internal stakeholders, commercial teams and consultants to sell solutions that meet identified client needs
• Co-develop consulting scopes of work with internal stakeholders, commercial teams and consultants
• Oversee account activities, including projects being executed
• Network and build relationships within client organizations to deliver on-going business growth
• Influence the development of Science Group’s growing capabilities as it relates to the market’s changing needs
• Deliver upon agreed personal sales target
Experience & Qualifications
Strong preference for candidates with a BS or MS in a technical, engineering or science discipline, but equivalent experience will be considered.
• Considerable experience (5+ years) in a new business development role in technology and/or business consulting environments;
• A proven track record of leading and closing sales to deliver significant (preferably consulting) revenue streams together with a real passion for building cutting-edge technology into successful commercial products;
• Will have established knowledge and experience in Industrial, Advanced Materials, or Chemical markets with an understanding of industry issues and the ability to develop a consulting response to these;
• Must have relevant industry or technology background, e.g., have worked in a business development capacity for a consultancy or technology/service company in above identified markets;
• Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated ability to work in a consultative selling environment and a strong work ethic;
• Have the skills to hunt for new business and significantly expand relationship after first sale;
• A confident, tenacious, robust individual able to build relationships internally and is a team player.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer tailored professional training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realize personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.