Who we are
Science Group provides regulatory, technology advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation supporting our clients under various specialist brands and we accelerate growth of the Group by acquiring new businesses to enhance our offerings.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning North America, Europe and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
This role gives the opportunity to work in a dynamic, AIM listed environment supporting the Sagentia and Advisory divisions. You shall provide financial information to the Project Managers and the Managing Directors with your interpretation and analysis which will enable them to manage the client projects and run their divisions effectively and profitably. You shall also support them in preparing their budgets and forecasts and, in doing so, will learn about the business and its key drivers.
As an integral part of the Division Finance team, you’ll support the project accountants to achieve their objectives. Further, you shall help drive the development of the finance processes and division reporting while supporting the Division Finance Manager to partner with division management to optimise the information provided.
Key responsibilities include
• Preparation of management accounts for the relevant Divisions
• Preparation of Dashboards/reports
• Supporting P&L budgeting and forecasting
• Ownership of process adherence and improvement within the divisions
• Continual improvement of information reported including heavy use of spreadsheet modelling
• Support to the Division Finance Manager
• Preparation and support for Group and Divisional reporting
You’ll report to the Division Finance Manager and are a skilled financial manager, your knowledge built on a robust foundation of financial and accounting learning. You will have an eye for detail and will have the curiosity to analyse and interrogate the various pieces of information to provide meaningful analysis and support to your business contacts. You’ll have the confidence to instil financial discipline and the communication skills to explain your analysis to your business partners.
Experience & qualifications
• Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner and use this to influence others (finance and non-finance staff)
• An analytical approach to resolving problems and finding effective solutions
• CIMA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
• Experience in modelling and analysing large volumes of data and interpretation of financial information
• Organised and able to manage competing priorities with multiple stakeholders
• Experience of processing and managing month end routines and process
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics AX would be beneficial
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.