Who we are
Science Group plc (AIM:SAG) is a science-led advisory and product development organisation. The Group has three divisions:
• R&D Consultancy: providing advisory, applied science and product development services cross-sector helping clients derive maximum return on their R&D investments.
• Regulatory & Compliance: helping clients in highly regulated markets to launch, market and defend products internationally.
• Frontier Smart Technologies: designing and manufacturing chips and modules for the DAB/DAB+ radio markets with 80% market share (excluding the automotive market)
With more than 450 employees worldwide, primarily scientists and engineers, and speaking more than 30 languages collectively, the Group has R&D centres in Cambridge and Epsom with more than ten additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America.
We are looking for a science and technology writer to provide written content for our R&D Consultancy and our Regulatory & Compliance divisions, on a 3 month fixed term contract. The Group produces a range of content including whitepapers, articles, web-pages and insight pieces on a range of topics. We want to increase the volume and quality of our output, improve our focus and relevance to industry topics and challenges, and deliver meaningful and targeted content to our clients.
The role will report to the Central Marketing Director but will work with the MDs, marketing managers and subject matter experts in each of the divisions to decide content themes and define output.
Content strategy: your responsibility
• Agree with the marketing managers and Marketing Director a content plan for upcoming content production including suggesting ideas for articles and comment
• Own and manage the plan proactively so that monthly and potentially quarterly content production targets are met
• Identify suitable publications for targeting for publishing content
Content Creation: your responsibility
• Desk research themes and technology areas
• Interview internal subject matter experts and from time to time clients to derive their insights
• Write articles, comments, insight pieces, newsletters, whitepapers from scratch
• Repurpose existing material into new content pieces
Content mobilisation: marketing manager responsibility
• Help marketing managers pitch articles intro relevant publications
• Suggest ways of distributing content
Experience & qualifications
• An experienced journalist from a scientific publication, used to interviewing and writing from scratch every day and against deadlines
• Understanding of – and interest in - emerging science and technology themes
• Understanding to healthcare industry and associated technologies ideally in surgical, diagnostics and digital health
• Ability to undertake desk-based research to get up the learning curve quickly
• Degree in a science or engineering discipline is preferable but not essential
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive rate.