Who we are
The Science Group is an international leader in technology advisory and product development services. The organisation has focus areas in applied science, product development, regulatory services and advisory offerings and sells into a number of key sectors: medical, food & beverage, consumer and industrial. It is frequently at the cutting edge of innovation. The Group is made up of 5 separate businesses but increasingly the services span the different brands. The brands are Sagentia, TSG Consulting, Oakland Innovation, Leatherhead Food Research and OTM Consulting. Clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has over 400 staff across twelve offices including Cambridge, London, Paris, Boston and Washington DC. Its numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory consultants and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
Several Science Group brands offer consultancy services into the medical sector the largest, by far, being Sagentia’s medical business which offers applied science and product development services to the sector. Other Group companies – Oakland Innovation and TSG Consulting – also offer advisory services to the sector and the Group wishes to develop the sector further. The role will suit an experienced marketer who has a comprehensive understanding of the medical sector in Europe and the US through having marketed similar consulting services to it or from a similar role within it. A good understanding of the healthcare model in the US, key technology trends (such as digital health, medical devices etc) and a good knowledge of medical terminology are highly desirable. The role is Harston (Cambridge, UK) based and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK and global locations from time to time.
The job is suitable for someone with 5 years’ marketing experience and with a marketing qualification such as CIM Certificate in Marketing. It is likely that the role will have shared responsibility for a marketing assistant so previous management experience is desirable.
- Proposition development and messaging – working with the business MDs and key personnel to develop and create messaging for new and existing propositions to the medical sector
- Marketing planning – work with key stakeholders across the businesses to develop and deliver marketing themes, messaging, campaigns and activity
- Work with the Sales team to ensure integration between sector, sales and marketing
- Manage marketing budget
- Lead the full process: Plan campaign activity and timelines, Generate and deliver messaging and content with other team members and internal stakeholders, provide reporting on completion of the campaign with the marketing technologist
- Generate a range of content to support sales and sector activity across the businesses this may include articles, hot topics, white papers, infographics
- Work with internal teams to ensure regular flow of content is being generated and pushed out externally including the update of website content on a monthly basis
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve messaging, formatting and presentation of brand on a range of materials such as client case studies, presentations, reports and meeting content
- Be aware of both client/competitor messaging around key service/campaign areas and client/customer reviews
Experience & qualifications
- 5 years’ previous marketing experience
- Degree in business, marketing, or other
- 3 years working in a role directly or indirectly focused on the medical technology sector
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Terrific communicator
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.