Who we are
Science Group is an AIM listed Group that provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under specialist brands which include Sagentia and Leatherhead Food Research. We are an acquisitive organisation with our most recent acquisition of Frontier adding expertise in the Digital Radio and IOT space. Our growth strategy has been affected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe, North America and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
With a Finance Manager in the Group soon to begin maternity leave, we are looking for a Payroll Officer to work 22.5hrs per week on a 12 month fixed term contract. The 22.5hrs can be split over the working week as required, within the hours of 9-17:30. There are 400 employees across the Group, most of which will be UK-based. We require someone to work between HR and Finance and to own the completion of payroll, ensuring it is completed on time and accurately. The role can be based at our Harston or Epsom office and some occasional trips between Harston/Epsom will be required.
Key Responsibilities include
• Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently;
• Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information;
• Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions;
• Reviewing payroll summaries and resolving any discrepancies;
• Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures;
• Managing the process for UK payroll and supporting the process for payroll in France, Germany and Spain;
• Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
• Must have great attention to detail, a solid grasp of mathematics, alongside excellent organisational and communication skills;
• A high degree of professionalism and discretion as will be handling sensitive information;
• Capable of working effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
Experience & Qualifications
• 3 years UK payroll experience with 150+ employees;
• An analytical approach to resolving problems and finding effective solutions;
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.