Who we are?
Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation. We go to market under four different brands: Sagentia Innovation, TSG Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and Frontier Smart Technologies. Across these companies, our services span the full consultancy and R&D landscape from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept full product development and regulatory compliance for the medical, consumer, food and beverage, and industrial, chemical and energy sectors. Distinctly, Frontier Smart Technologies is the leading provider of digital radio technologies to major consumer electronics brands. We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation and our clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has around 400 staff across offices in UK, US and Europe.
Science Group is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the reception team at our Harston site. This part-time role 8am – 1:30pm and is suited to a candidate who has previous reception experience, is proactive and passionate about providing professional customer service to support the business.
Receptionist main duties include (but are not limited to):
- Answering calls, transferring incoming enquiries
- Meeting & greeting clients and visitors, ensuring they have signed in and out of the building appropriately
- Welcoming visitors and booking taxis as necessary
- Ensuring all clients, visitors, engineers/contractors sign the appropriate safety procedure forms
- Manage conference room bookings using an electronic system
- Maintaining internal telephone lists and other ad-hoc administration and filling.
- Assist in the ordering and recording of refreshments and onsite lunches for client meetings, conferences and events as required.
- Manage the pool of two-way radios
- Responsible for distribution and daily checks on the lone working pagers and mifi units
- Ensuring the Reception area is always a clean and tidy.
- Dealing with helpdesk requests for staff and tenants
- Access control permissions and amendments
- Assist the facilities team fire alarm testing
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous receptionist experience is desirable
- Professional manner with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, external contractors and visitors
- Candidates must be punctual and presentable
- PC literate with the ability to learn new systems
- Can do attitude and team player
- Ability to multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package