Are you a Test Engineer, looking for a challenging role?
We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join the Systems Test Team based in our Harston office. You will be part of a team testing the Embedded Platform Software for our DAB and Smart Radio Modules, which enable our customers to create Audio devices incorporating DAB and FM broadcast receivers and a range of streaming standards such as Spotify Connect. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the System Test team, working closely with other test and software engineers to deliver high quality software.
• An exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Test Engineer who can demonstrate solid test planning and analysis with hardware/embedded software in an Agile environment.
• Good honours degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
• Excellent test experience in an embedded environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of IP networking and router/switch set-up
• Experience working in an Agile environment and are a team player
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• A detail orientated approach
You might also have (but not essential):
• Software testing for consumer electronics industry, ideally in digital radio/networking related products
• Experience of wireless communication e.g., Wi-Fi, BlueTooth
• ISTQB Foundation Certificate
• An understanding of DAB or streaming audio technologies.
• Define and document the test strategy
• Create test plans
• Work closely with SW developers to ensure alignment with the new features being developed and how they will be tested
• Create, enhance, debug and run the test case
• Identify, prioritise and select test cases for automation
• Analyse the results and generate test report
• Manage the changes with and execute regression tests
• Share knowledge with the test team and developers
• Carry out manual tests as required for releases and reproduce defects
• Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures
• Conducting analysis checks on product specifications
A day in the life
The role will be hands on test engineer, working in an Agile software team, with focus on delivering value to our customers. You will be responsible for developing test plans and executing test cases on our firmware releases for DAB and SmartRadio products.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.