Who we are
The Science Group is an international leader in technology advisory and product development services. The Group provides a range of R&D consultancy services from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept generation and full product development for the medical, food & drink, personal care, oil & gas and industrial sectors. It is frequently at the cutting edge of innovation. Clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group’s numerous scientists, engineers and market experts are supported by the streamlined central support functions.
We realise the Group’s success is largely driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Science Group is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Facilities team at our Epsom site. Reporting to the Group Facilities Manager the successful candidate will provide an important support role within the team. This full time role is suited to a candidate who has experience of working in a fast paced environment, is proactive, able to prioritise their own work load, apply a high level of accuracy to their work and is resilient in character. We would prefer that the successful candidate holds a UK driver’s license. Please note, manual handling is required as part of this role, training in best practise will be provided.
Include (but are not limited to):
• Accept and manage delivery of foods and non-foods from clients ready for consumer testing or cooking instructions testing: Temperature test food items on the delivery vehicle and accept or reject the delivery according to strict protocols, place accepted items into storage – Fridges, freezers, ambient etc, advise consumer/cooking instructions team that delivery has been received, book delivered samples in (sort, count and log items on to paperwork), transport items from stores to the consumer testing, cooking instructions or home trials areas when required.
• Assist with packing and posting out of home trial items to consumers for testing, tracking delivery of items
• Handle food using best safe food handling practices
• Monitor delivery schedule and respond appropriately to busier periods including giving notice to teams of available storage space
• Maintain the housekeeping and order of the goods-in area. Monitor equipment in that area
• Manage general, chemical and biological waste removal
• Arrange safe disposal of sharps boxes and chemicals when necessary
• Manage daily post – sort incoming post and ensure outgoing post is ready for collection including special and recorded deliveries and confirming receipt of parcels
• Arrange couriers and related documentation
• Manage imports and exports and related documentation
• Ensure archiving is logged and stored correctly
• Conduct stock checks for dry goods/consumables and order/ purchase goods for site
• Conduct stock checks for stationery and order/ purchase stationery for the site
• Arrange cleaning and replenishment of lab coats
• Maintain and manage gas list and ordering
• May also be required to help with adhoc maintenance and tasks to support the team
Experience & qualifications
• Can do attitude and team player
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks
• Ability to multi task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with all levels of the organisation
• Excellent administrative skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Able to exercise initiative and discretion when working with confidential information
• Experience in a facilities or maintenance focused role would be preferred
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.