Who we are
Science Group is an AIM listed Group that provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under specialist brands which include Sagentia and Leatherhead Food Research. We are an acquisitive organisation with our most recent acquisition of Frontier adding expertise in the Digital Radio and IOT space. Our growth strategy has been affected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe, North America and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, in Cambridge, the successful candidate will provide an important support role within the finance function. We are looking for someone who has experience of purchase ledger processes and bank reconciliations, has a good eye for detail, applies a high level of accuracy to their work and is proactive.
• Manage the purchase ledger within the accounting systems (Microsoft AX primarily with occasional cover on other systems)
• Input supplier invoices accurately on the system (multiple currencies)
• Processing of employee expenses
• Prepare payment runs for supplier invoices and employee expenses
• Process company credit cards on a regular basis
• Resolve invoice/purchase order queries
• Reconcile supplier accounts and chase up unauthorised invoices
• Regular review of purchase ledger ageing report to ensure accurate and up to date
• Occasionally process foreign currency advances and returns for employee travel
• Deal with supplier and employee queries in a timely manner
• Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations across numerous bank accounts
• Support and provide cover for other colleagues
• Adhoc and administrative support for the Finance team
Experience & Qualifications
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in a purchase ledger role
• Experience of bank reconciliation processes
• Understanding of basic accounting processes
• Competent with Microsoft Excel
• Ready and able to exercise initiative
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.