Who we are
Science Group is an AIM listed Group that provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under specialist brands which include Sagentia and Leatherhead Food Research. We are an acquisitive organisation with our most recent acquisition of Frontier adding expertise in the Digital Radio and IOT space. Our growth strategy has been affected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe, North America and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
As the Financial Reporting Manager, you’ll have a senior and central role ensuring the Group meets its internal and external reporting requirements. You’ll use your technical accounting knowledge to provide accurate and timely Group financial information to empower the business to make decisions. You will have the opportunity to enhance the financial reporting environment, driving change and improvements to provide efficiencies. We are looking for someone to relish the challenge of finding solutions that balance the needs of the different stakeholders. Group UK locations include Epsom, London and Yorkshire and we would expect on average 1-2 days UK travel per month. There may also be some travel as required to our European/US offices. This role is a full-time role, office-based 5 days per week.
Key responsibilities include
Management accounts and month-end close
• Preparation of monthly consolidated Group results, driving accuracy and meeting deadlines
• Responsible for the preparation of management accounts for some entities in the Group
• Provide cost-centre reporting to department heads giving useful information on performance to plan
• Prepare the annual budgets and quarterly forecasting (principally for overheads and balance sheet)
Year end audit and statutory accounts sign off
• Responsibility for the interim and year-end external reporting for the listed Group
• One of the principal points of contact for the auditors
• To lead a prompt completion and sign off on all statutory financial statements
Tax and compliance
• Assist with corporate tax compliance and reporting, using external providers where needed
• Quarterly VAT return completion and submission
Other Group matters
• Lead technical accounting matters, ensuring the financial results are in compliance with Group accounting policies
• Able to help colleagues across the Group by providing accounting advice where required
You’ll report directly to the Financial Controller and will be a skilled analyst with a strong technical background in financial accounting. You’ll have experience of working with a variety of cultures and financial regulatory frameworks across Europe. You’ll be engaging and convincing, able to communicate change by influencing stakeholders and deliver results. You’ll work with drive and enthusiasm to ensure reporting deadlines are always met.
Experience & Qualifications
• Qualified ACA or ACCA within a large firm;
• A solid background in IFRS and Group Reporting, including group consolidation and foreign exchange experience;
• Experience of working with non-UK companies;
• Ability to manage competing priorities with multiple stakeholders;
• Capable of working effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-moving environment;
• An analytical approach to resolving problems and finding effective solutions;
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.