Are you an Test Automation Engineer, looking for a challenging role?
Frontier Smart Technologies provides technology solutions for the digital audio sector (digital radio and connected audio). The company is the world’s leading provider of chips and modules for consumer digital radios – customers include Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Pure, Roberts, Grundig and several major retailer own-brands. We provide turnkey solutions which enable brands to develop internet radios, wireless speakers and soundbars quickly and cost-effectively.
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer, to join our Systems Software Development Team.
• An exciting opportunity for a talented Test Automation Engineer who can demonstrate solid automation and CI experience with hardware/embedded software in an Agile environment.
• Good honours degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
• Excellent Python programming experience in an embedded environment
• Excellent Jenkins experience in a CI environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment and are a team player
• Experience developing and implementing automated frameworks
• Manual testing experience
You might also have (but not essential):
• Software testing for consumer electronics industry, ideally in digital radio/networking related products
• Experience of wireless communication e.g., Wi-Fi, BlueTooth
• ISTQB Foundation Certificate
• An understanding of DAB or connected audio technologies.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Define and document the automation test strategy
• Create an automation test plans
• Improve, implement and maintain the automation frameworks
• Maintain and improve the CI system
• Work closely with SW developers to ensure alignment with the unit test framework and development design principles.
• Create, enhance, debug and run the test cases
• Identify, prioritise and select test cases for automation
• Collate and monitor the test automation runs and results
• Analyse the results and generate test reports
• Manage the changes with and execute regression tests
• Share knowledge with the test team and developers
• Carry out manual tests as required for releases and reproduce defects, 20% of the role initially
We require a Test Automation Engineer to join the Systems Test Team based in our Harston office. You will be part of a team testing the Embedded Platform Software for our DAB and Smart Radio Modules, which enable our customers to create Audio devices incorporating DAB and FM broadcast receivers and a range of streaming standards such as Spotify Connect. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the System Test team, working closely with other test and software engineers to deliver high quality software.
A Day in the life
The role will be hands on automation engineer, working in an Agile software team, with focus on delivering value to our customers. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our automation frameworks and CI system. You will also be developing and running automation test suites on both DAB and SmartRadio products.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.