Talent Acquisition Partner – Early Careers
Ref. Num: HR2103 Location: Epsom, UK
Who we are
Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation. Our services span the full consultancy and R&D landscape from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept full product development and regulatory compliance for the medical, consumer, food and beverage, and industrial, chemical and energy sectors. Distinctly, Frontier Smart Technologies is the leading provider of digital radio technologies to major consumer electronics brands. We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation and our clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Talent Acquisition Partner to join the HR team in our Epsom (UK) office. Reporting directly to the Group HR Director, this role will be responsible for all of our Early Careers recruitment, targeting university leavers at bachelors, masters and PhD level alongside professionals in the earlier stages of their careers. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of our graduate scheme, from initial scoping with department heads and business leaders through to delivery and onboarding.
You should already have experience providing first class recruitment support within a commercial environment and have a proven track record of managing recruitment campaigns that successfully delivered results.
Science Group is best characterised as a growing and ambitious organisation with a fast-paced environment and the workforce is comprised of scientists, engineers, regulatory professionals and industry experts. The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic and constantly evolving working environment. It is important that HR is seen as a proactive and professional partner to the business and this requires working closely with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that short, medium and long term objectives are met.
• Directly source candidates via multiple routes to market, including CV databases and social networks, engaging with candidates to sell the business proposition and build a high-quality talent pipeline.
• Manage all graduate and early careers recruitment, including our graduate scheme (including careers fairs) and 1-year / summer placements.
• Work with hiring managers, marketing and other key stakeholders to ensure we maintain a strong employer brand that attracts the best talent from a diverse candidate pool.
• Screen CVs and conduct initial telephone interviews with candidates on behalf of hiring managers.
• Coordinate and manage applications via the internal recruitment inbox.
• Place and manage the advertising of roles externally, ensuring consistent and positive brand messages and managing costs efficiently.
• Work with the wider HR / Recruitment team to plan recruitment strategy, providing market insight and escalating potential improvements to process efficiency.
• Support the wider team with high priority positions and other ad hoc recruitment activities as and when required.
Experience & qualifications
• Should have a strong technical mindset; prior experience of recruiting within technology, science or engineering would be beneficial but not essential.
• Experience of directly sourcing candidates is essential.
• A background in an agency or similar internal recruitment environment would be preferred.
• Have experience of screening CVs, interviewing and selection.
• Ability to build rapport and effective relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with all levels of the organisation.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, coupled with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
• Excellent administrative skills and experience working with MS Office programmes.
• Ability to multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-moving environment.
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.