Talent Acquisition Specialist, 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Ref. Num: HR2101 Location: Epsom / Cambridge, UK
Who we are
Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation. Our services span the full consultancy and R&D landscape from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept full product development and regulatory compliance for the medical, consumer, food and beverage, and industrial, chemical and energy sectors. Distinctly, Frontier Smart Technologies is the leading provider of digital radio technologies to major consumer electronics brands. We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation and our clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the HR team at either our Harston or Epsom site on a 6 month fixed term basis. This role will be part of the HR team who are responsible for ensuring recruitment activities are successful in attracting new talent into the business across the UK, US and Europe.
Science Group is best characterised as a growing and ambitious organisation with a fast-paced environment and the workforce is comprised of scientists, engineers, regulatory professionals and industry experts. The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic and constantly evolving working environment. It is important that HR is seen as a proactive and professional partner to the business and this requires working closely with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that short, medium and long term objectives are met.
You should already have experience providing first class recruitment support within a commercial environment and have a proven track record of delivering results.
• Directly source candidates via CV databases and social networks and engage with candidates to sell the business proposition
• Work proactively with the business providing advice to hiring managers on recruitment policies and processes, interviewing and recruitment legislation
• Work closely with the Talent & Development Advisor and stakeholders to report regular progress on roles
• Understand and report local recruitment market insights and competitor recruitment activities when appropriate
• Manage the Group PSL and relationships with external recruitment agencies
• Screen CV’s and telephone interview candidates for hiring managers
• Coordinate and manage applications via the internal recruitment inbox
• Place and manage the advertising of roles externally, ensuring consistent and positive brand messages and managing costs efficiently
• Produce data on candidate sources, time to hire and retention rates
Experience & qualifications
• Have a strong understanding of the science, innovation and technology industry
• Direct sourcing candidates
• A background in an agency or similar internal recruitment environment would be preferred
• Have experience of screening CV’s, interviewing and selection
• Ability to build rapport and effective relationships
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence liaise with all levels of the organization
• Experience working in a fast-paced culture with a strong work ethic
• Experience of dealing with senior individuals
• Excellent administrative skills and experience working with MS Office programs
• Ability to multi task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.