Facilities & Stores Operative
Ref. Num: (FAC2001) Location: Epsom, UK
Who we areThe Science Group is an international leader in technology advisory and product development services. The Group provides a range of R&D consultancy services from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept generation and full product development for the medical, food & drink, personal care, oil & gas and industrial sectors. It is frequently at the cutting edge of innovation. Clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group’s numerous scientists, engineers and market experts are supported by the streamlined central support functions.
We realise the Group’s success is largely driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Science Group is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Facilities team, on a full-time basis at our Epsom site. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the successful candidate will provide an important support role within the team. This full-time role is suited to a candidate who has experience of working in a fast-paced environment, is proactive, able to prioritise their own workload, apply a high level of accuracy to their work and is resilient in character. We would prefer that the successful candidate holds a UK driver’s license. Please note, manual handling is required as part of this role, training in best practise will be provided.
Include (but are not limited to):
- Accept and manage delivery of foods, goods and chemicals from clients and temperature test food items in line with strict protocols.
- Move accepted items into storage (Fridges, freezers, ambient etc) and sort, count and log items.
- Transport items from stores to the test kitchens and labs when required.
- Handling food using best safe food handling practices
- Monitor delivery schedule and respond appropriately to busier periods including giving notice to teams of available storage space
- Maintain the housekeeping and order of the goods-in area. Monitor equipment in that area
- Adhere to quality system documented process.
- Manage post – sort incoming post and arrange outgoing mail including exporting goods UK and international
- Conduct stock checks for dry goods/consumables and order/ purchase goods for site
- May also be required to help with adhoc Facilities & maintenance tasks to support the team
Experience & qualifications
- Can do attitude and team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to multitask and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with all levels of the organization
- Excellent administrative skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to exercise initiative and discretion when working with confidential information
- Experience in a facilities focused role would be preferred
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow everyone to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package